This page contains links to tutorials and introductions for useful concepts in mathematics, image processing, and visualization.
Unix Command Line Tutorial
- UNIX/Linux Tutorial for Beginners, University of Surrey
Digital Signal Processing
- The Scientist and Engineers Guide to Digital Signal Processing by Steven Smith
This free online text provides an excellent introduction to signal processing, including Fourier transforms, filters, sampling, and statistics.
- Physics of Light and Optics by Peatross and Ware
Brigham Young University provides this excellent open-source introductory optics text, written at the advanced undergraduate level. This is a great resource for understanding the basics of electric fields and light propagation.
- Spherical Harmonic Lighting: The Gritty Details by Robin Green
This is a tutorial specifically designed around implementing spherical harmonic lighting, and contains a good overview of Monte-Carlo sampling and the concepts behind basis projection.
- An Introduction to Compressive Sampling by Candès and Wakin
This tutorial provides an excellent introduction to compressed sensing for people with a background in image processing.